Today, students can begin applying to summer internships through the ECCCO Program. In this program, students are able to earn a cash stipend or a scholarship while simultaneously learning more about the field of interest. Full time students will be working 5 days a week for 6 hours a day, and will be learning the ins-and-outs of their host organization, how to network within the industry, and develop strong relationships to lean on as they go into prepare for college or their career after high school. If you are part of an organization that is interested in learning more about hosting a high school intern, you can find out more here.
Step 1: Review the Spreadsheet for Internship Sites and Peralta Classes
- Read the application instructions, location, and times for each site/course you’re interested in
- Pick at least 3 that you are interested in
- APPLY! If you have questions about how to apply, email Ms. Liston
Step 2: Fill out Skyline’s Google Form
If you are interested in an internships, complete the Google Form
If you are interested in taking a Peralta class:
- View the list of options (these are special courses created for Bay Area high school students; more options available after April 10)
- Follow this step-by-step guide to enroll in Peralta (Ms. Liston can walk you through it over the phone or video chat if needed)
Step 3: Set up a time to talk by phone/video chat with Ms. Liston
- Ms. Liston can help you review the list, apply, create and edit your resume, sign up for a Peralta summer course, practice interview questions, and more!
Step 4: Keep checking your email for more information and updates
Make sure to keep checking your email for information! You’ll never know where you are in the application process if you forget to check your email!